SurfaceCycle CareersBusiness Development Manager, Soil Stabilization
LocationLakeville, MN (assigned home office, although position will be remote)
To be determined based on experience, depth of network and relevant track record. Compensation package will include a combination of base salary and incentive bonuses in addition to a Company provided vehicle or equivalent vehicle allowance, customer/industry relations dedicated budget, home office expense reimbursement, cell phone, etc. as well as a competitive benefit package for our employees.
- An experienced sales/business development professional with a deep and broad network of contacts in the energy (wind/solar farms, decommissioning of power plants and oil/gas) new site development (new distribution warehouses, new big box stores, large land development projects) and/or mining sectors?
- Does your sale experience include selling materials for these projects (i.e., lime, cement, fly ash)?
- Interested in being hired as a company’s inaugural sales/business development member focused on selling one of our key service offerings in a new target market?
- Someone who places a high value on relationships and is subsequently able to close a high percentage of the leads you generate?
- An individual who is known to have an incredible work ethic, highly collaborative and is hungry to succeed?
If yes, keep reading!
This position is assigned to our Midstate Companies operation and will be a key contributing member responsible growing the Company’s soil stabilization sales across the Midstate sales territory. Sales prospects include capitalizing on our current customer relationships in addition to generating new sales leads across our target private sector markets.
Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, sub-contractors, customers, and vendors ensuring a strong and consistent pipeline of sales revenue exists. Acts as a close partner to the Company’s Project Managers/Estimators to ensure bid packages and the management of customer jobs are delivered according to customer expectations.
Essential Job Duties
- Gain a deep understanding of the Company’s current customer base, target markets, service offerings, pricing models and sales strategy.
- Stay abreast of market conditions, competitor pricing, economic conditions (including supply chain) and other macro factors.
- Develop and implement a lead generation strategy that educates our current and prospective customers on our soil stabilization services (how the process works, mix designs, benefits and proper incorporation into customer workflows).
- Establish relationships with our current customer base.
- Identify targets and develop new relationships within our current industry/communities.
- Leverage new opportunities within the energy sector (wind/solar farms, decommissioning of power plants and oil/gas).
- Leverage new opportunities within site development projects (new distribution warehouses, new big box stores, large land development projects, etc.).
- Leverage new opportunities within the mining sectors.
- Attend trade shows to represent the organization and engage in other marketing activities.
- Convert prospect discussions into soil stabilization bid requests.
- Partner with Project Manager/Estimators in the preparation and distribution of quote packages to clients; ensure such packages are aligned with customer needs/expectations and achieves maximum profitability potential.
- Work closely with PM/Estimator to effectively track status of bids and proactively follow up with clients to maintain ongoing communications and updates.
- Lead by example, using the established sales processes, and close a high percentage of the leads generated.
- As requested, participate in the review of contracts and sub-contracts and provide recommendations for consideration/resolution.
- If requested, participate in discussions to resolve any challenges/conflicts associated the managing of a project.
- Achieve/exceed sales targets (including peak utilization targets); provide recurring reports summarizing prospect action plans and outcomes.
- Maintain and update CRM; leverage system to assess engagements, prospects and related sales opportunities.
- Work closely with General Manager, VP of Business Development and COO to continually analyze the sales process in an effort to refine and improve its success
- Partner with VP of Business Development and COO to establish sales reporting framework.
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction with all customer interactions.
- Exhibit an ongoing commitment to quality by evaluating processes, recommending improvements and implementing changes to continually meet and exceed client expectations.
- Visit local job sites as needed and effectively interact and communicate with contractors, customers, etc.
- Travel as required of position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or comparable field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years sales experience required; specific experience in asphalt, concrete, soil stabilization or similar field preferred.
- Well established network of customers and prospects within our targeted private sector that will transition into opportunities with our organization is a must.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills coupled with a deep network or relevant contacts within industry.
- Highly organized with extensive detail orientation.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high-pressure environment with competing priorities.
- Strong sales acumen and proven sales performance track record.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) coupled with ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency with analyzing data.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to identify differentiating competitor/market factors.
- Proficient technical skills including Microsoft Office and CRM applications.
- Valid driver license with satisfactory MVR.
- Maintain ability to travel extensively including overnight travel.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Positions in this class typically include extended sedentary periods, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.