SurfaceCycle CareersRegional Recruiter
EntityAlpha Milling Company and Coughlin Company
$75,000 – $90,000 annual base salary; eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to an attractive cash compensation package, we are also pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and their family members, including:
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Medical, dental and vision plan offerings
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company match ($2,000 per year)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) funded by the company (up to $6,700 per year)
- Company-paid life / AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Company paid short-term or long-term disability coverage
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- A 401(k) plan with an AMAZING company match (and immediate 100% vesting in the company match)
- A creative social media pioneer who lives for launching and managing social media campaigns that yields fitting followers?
- Someone who rolls up their sleeves to find the best fitting local trade schools, job fairs, industry, and community events that prove to be our next best pipeline for candidates?
- Not just any recruiter who can post on social media sites but who connects with candidate prospects who are working in 100-degree temps standing over 300 degree asphalt looking for the relief of a new job?
- Not afraid to show up at job sites with recruiting signs ready to talk shop with road crews and generate some excitement about joining our team?
- Someone who has a remarkable work ethic, can work autonomously while also being highly collaborative and is hungry to succeed?
If yes, keep reading!
The Regional Recruiter position is assigned to our Alpha Milling Company / Coughlin Company operating entities and is responsible for providing recruiting services to all hiring managers/teams across these entities. Key responsibilities include partnering to identify hiring needs within each operating entity and developing successful recruiting campaigns to drive quality talent into the organization efficiently. Success in this position includes designing creative hiring strategies that proactively develops a pipeline of qualified applicants while maintaining an applicant tracking system that efficiently records our candidate pipeline details.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop a talent acquisition strategy that includes a continuous process of active recruitment particularly for entity-specific operational roles (i.e., General Laborers, Operators, Foremen, Mechanics).
- Partner with entity level General Manager, HR Managers and hiring managers to ensure the full recruiting life cycle is well-organized and effective.
- Develop and deploy out-of-the-box recruiting strategies.
- Identify and attend local community events that tend to draw our candidate prospects (social events, church events, free concerts, flea-markets / community sales, picnics, reservoirs/public beaches, horse races, etc.).
- Leverage social media platforms, develop recurring campaigns and yield high volume followers (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
- Leverage online job boards, local relevant trade schools, career/job fairs, conferences, etc.
- Identify/coordinate key personnel for participation at local recruiting events.
- Create marketing materials for distribution. Ensure job opportunities and employer-of-choice initiatives are creatively advertised; highlight career paths and benefit offerings.
- Maintain applicable company website career pages.
- Source a consolidated all-entity arrangement and subsequent volume-based discounts with job boards (i.e., Indeed).
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified/quality candidates to fill positions more quickly and beat out competitors for top talent.
- Develop internal job board/announcement process and build upon successes of employer referral programs.
- Manage the interview/selection process.
- Prescreen applicants, organize candidate agendas/interviews (including organizing virtual interviews, as needed), assist in the evaluation of job candidates, and as applicable, ensure references are verified.
- Review draft offer letters/packages and ensure compensation arrangements are competitive based on relevant compensation benchmarking resources.
- Participate in discussions related to relocation efforts/packages.
- Monitor recruiting expenses and continually assess effectiveness of each investment. Develop and maintain recruiting related metrics (i.e., source of hire, time to fill, cost to fill, affirmative action plan tracking, etc.).
- Actively participate in the implementation and administration of upgraded HR/Payroll systems including the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Ensure utilization of applicant tracking database and self-service portals. Demonstrate expert level knowledge of ATS and identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and migration to a paperless environment.
- Develop an effective job requisition process (and create related electronic forms), applicant tracking, and related reporting.
- Fulfill state-mandated requirements for job posting activity as well as compliance/reporting requirements related to affirmative action plan (AAP) administration. Compile AAP reporting and fulfil established hiring goals/targets.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current laws; provide interview and selection training for hiring managers.
- Identify select third party recruiting partners for unique/hard to fill positions. Negotiate favorable placement pricing and retention terms.
- Partner with Director HR Operations and local HR partners to ensure pre-employment and onboarding processes are seamless and timely.
- Serve as a customer-service minded resource for all employees/managers by being available and accessible to discuss recruiting related matters.
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations. Build a robust network of contacts in the asphalt industry.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a recruiting capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting in the construction industry strongly preferred.
- Proven success deploying unconventional recruiting methods within the skilled/unskilled labor workforce.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Experience developing and managing social media outreach strategies and website advertising programs coupled with ability to assess effectiveness of such programs.
- Prior application tracking system implementation and administration experience; prior affirmative action plan administration preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize among competing duties/projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including customer service/relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in persuasion and consensus-building.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Flexible, dependable, confident, and accountable.
- Ability to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or opportunities of the recruitment systems/processes from position opening to onboarding.
- Ability to travel (on a limited basis) to career fairs, trade shows or company locations.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Typically works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- May occasionally work outdoors with outside temperatures ranging from excessive heat, cold, wind, and precipitation.
- As necessary, must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including hard hats, safety goggles, safety vests and/or ear plugs.
- While working outside, must be aware of navigating moving objects, vehicles, and machinery with moving parts including exposure to sounds and noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable.
- Potentially exposed to contaminants, such as dust or fumes from exhaust; frequent exposure to hazardous equipment.
- Positions in this class may include extended sedentary or standing positions, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.